This year at New York Comic Con, the reveals began bright and early for the various Hasbro lines and Lucasfilm projects! Here is where we will collect all the coverage for the mega convention and provide you with all the Hasbro action figure new and Star Wars reveals!
Wednesday – October 3rd, 2018
- As fans were traveling and vendors and exhibitors were setting up for the annual event in New York City, director/actor Jon Favreau released on his social media feeds a tease of his upcoming live-action series which is currently in production.
Thursday – October 4th, 2018
CNET began the reveals of the day with their exclusive look at a new Star Wars: Resistance 3 3/4″ 5POA action figure line.
Hasbro followed CNET’s reveal with official press images and photos which can be seen here. What was shown appears to be the first wave of basic figures and 2-Packs.
Star Wars: Resistance Checklist (so far)
- Commander Pyre
- First Order Stormtrooper
- Kaz Xiono
- Major Vonreg
- Synara San
- Torra Doza
- Jarek Yeager & Bucket (R1-J5)
- Poe Dameron & BB-8
Next, while we were invited but unable to attend, Hasbro held an exclusive media viewing of the upcoming NYCC reveals. Our TOY RUN partner and good friends at Jedibusiness.com was in attendance and has all the images from the event!
Hasbro then at 6PM EST provided us with a press release for all of the morning reveals. We learned quite a bit from this reveal which included the following:
- Hasbro appears to be embracing the Micro Force collection with the release of vehicles and their new advent calendar.
- The re-release of the Gamorrean Guard will be exactly the same number and card back as previously released in the original Vintage Collection line.
- New face printing tech is going to be used on not only the new archive figures but the Jabba the Hutt which is slated for release with his sail barge in February.
- The Black Series has made the extremely unpredictable move and tapped it the original and now non-canon Clone Wars series by releasing an Obi-Wan in Clone armor.
- Hasbro is kicking off a new line of XL or deluxe Black Series figures with the release of General Grievous. According to Steve Evans this figure will have hands that combine and they are currently looking for more XL suggestions.
And to which we replied with:
As the sun set on the first day of the convention, Starwars.com gave us the first image from The Mandalorian (and it is beautiful!). The also revealed some of the famous directors that will be contributing to the series.
Thanks to Toys of the Jedi we now know the cardback numbers to some of the recent TVC reveals
132 – Yakface
133 – Scarrif Stormtrooper
134 – Princess Leia Boussch
135 – Klaatu Skiff Guard
Friday, October 5th, 2018
Entertainment Earth has announced pre-sales which include the previously announced Wal*Mart exclusive Vintage Collection Rey (Island Training) as well as the Resistance A-Wing Force Link 2.0 vehicle and the what may be the final Solo 2-pack.
Later in the day, Entertainment earth announced another pre-sale which is exclusive to online retailers.
SYFY Wire hosted a series of live streams and interviews from the convention and invited Steve Evans on to share about upcoming Hasbro releases! The segment begins at the 7-hour mark!
During the interview, Hasbro revealed The Black Series Archive figures in their final packaging. This series will come carded as opposed to the boxed packaging the line is known for.
Another reveal made during the stream included Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise as part of The Vintage Collection. The figure includes a new face sculpt, photo-real printing, a newly sculpted torso, and a new helmet.
Hasbro also showed off their TVC 41st Elite Clone Trooper as well.
Hasbro ended with promises of more prequel reveals to be announced by the end of the year.
Hasbro has provided us with official Press Photos of both new reveals following the live stream.
Star Wars: The Vintage Collection Han Solo (Trooper Disguise) Figure
(HASBRO/Approx. Retail Price: $12.99/Available exclusively at Target: Spring 2019)
Star Wars: The Vintage Collection 41st Elite Corps Figure
(HASBRO/Approx. Retail Price: $12.99/Available exclusively at Shared Fan: Spring 2019)
Saturday, October 6th, 2018
No major reveals were made this day outside of some novels and comic book mini-series.
Sunday, October 7th, 2018
Hasbro’s panel kicked off at 1:15 PM EST and jedibusiness.com provided a live stream.
Highlights and reveals included:
- 5POA – The Resistance figures are coming out this spring
- Archive Series- Wave 2 figures will be $20 and released Fall ’19
- Anakin from ROTS
- Yoda with Photo Real Deco
- Biker Scout Trooper single carded
- Black Series – Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor from original Clone Wars series
- Black Series – Gen. Grievous will be a new $29.99 XL line, be 7″ tall, arms snap together and will be released in Spring
- Black Series – Doctor Aphra, 0-0-0, BT-1
- Black Series – Imperial Rocket Trooper will include a stand
- Black Series – Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
- Vintage Collection – Luke Skywalker (Crait) #147
- Vintage Collection – Imp Assualt Tank Commander
- Vintage Collection Reissues – Gammorrean Guard in the US and Hoth Leia, Han Echo Base, Darth Vader, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker and Boba Fett outside of the US.
Following the presentation, Hasbro provided us with official press photos from the panel.
Check back throughout the weekend for updates from the con!